With social distancing and sheltering in place comes extra time to catch up on beer brewing education. So, in this spirit, we offer last fall’s informative presentation by Precision Fermentation’s science advisor, Steve Haase, PhD: Yeast Vitality and Fermentation Reproducibility.
In this 45-minute video, you will learn about relevant findings from basic biomedical research that have implications for understanding and controlling the fermentation process, including:
- Fundamentals of yeast cell growth and division
- The important difference between cell viability and cell vitality
- Yeast cell dynamics during fermentation
- Genetics vs. epigenetics, and myths about mutations
- The budding yeast stress response and the impact of fermentation on yeast cell vitality