At Precision Fermentation we love data, and the turn of the year offers a wonderful time to reflect and analyze information. Here’s a look at 2022 by the numbers.
BrewMonitor Customers are located in:
24 countries and 39 US states and territories
Country with the most BrewMonitor users outside the US: Australia
Top 10 Fermentation Styles of 2022:
American Pale Ale
American Wheat Beer
Greatest increase from 2021 by # of fermentations:
American Pale Ale
Greatest increase from 2021 by %:
Most Popular Fermentation Start Day: Wednesday
Most Popular Fermentation End Day: Monday
Most Common Yeast Strain Used in Fermentations:
Average Starting Gravity: 13.24 Plato
Average Ending Gravity: 3.46 Plato
Average Starting DO: 12.5 mg/ml
Hours of fermentation monitored: 675,024 hours
A few highlights of Precision Fermentation or BrewMonitor in the news:
- What’s Going on in There? Looking at the Tech that Looks into Your Fermentors
- This BrewMonitor software oversees nearly everything in the brewing process from yeast vitality to pH
- Bell Brothers Brewing – Loving Living Local Fox 21
- Oklahoma’s Cooper and Mill Brewing explains how remote fermentation monitoring helped a father and son brew together
Our customers have also seen success this year. With BrewMonitor:
- One customer added 5-6 generations to his yeast usage, cutting his annual yeast bill in half.
- Another customer used data from BrewMonitor to alter their process, allowing them to double their monthly production volume by saving up to a week in tank time.
- A customer received an automated alert when a glycol failure occurred, allowing them to save the batch
We’ve also been working diligently behind the scenes to make updates to our console and monitor based on customer feedback. Check out our recent announcement of BrewIQ, the next generation of our fermentation management system.